Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 1 of the last deployment ever!!


So apparently blogging is harder to do with two kiddo's, I'm either busy with one or both of them or soooo tried I can't think straight. I guess I have to blog is short easy sentences so I can keep up with myself. I've started, deleted and restarted this same blog like four times. And each time some one has either started crying (like just now) or is asking me for juice, a snack, lunch, a TV show, or anything else she can think to ask for as soon as she can tell I'm occupying my mind with something other than kid-related activities... (ok just got baby settled)... (again)...
I guess the first week of deployment is always the hardest.. or I hope anyway. We started out ok but as the week has worn on and the sleep has gotten less and less I'm starting to run out of steam. I so used to getting a little extra time in the morning to sleep in and wake up on my own. And especially in the last couple of weeks while E was off work, I got to sleep in a lot and leisurely wake up with the baby. E usually makes breakfast for all and we get to start the day out pretty relaxed. Now.. I get woken up at all hours with, Momma, I pee peed in my bed, or, Momma, I need to go potty, (meaning she peed in the bed), or, Momma I'm hungry lets go eat. And Not being a morning person, this doesn't go over well with me. Especially having to change sheets EVERY morning!
Let me back up a few and give you the run down.. Last week, a few days before E left, my neighbor posted that their little man was totally potty trained (night time too). Charlotte has been daytime potty trained now for almost a year! But those darn nap time/bedtime diapers were getting to be the death of me! We were washing them in normal clothes wash (bc they were just wet) and they leak like crazy now, the elastic is shot and the Velcro doesn't stick! So anyway, I was super jealous of the neighbors diaper freedom. That night... as I was changing her sheets (a chore I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE doing!) I asked her if she even wanted to wear diapers. She replied with No so we explained that she had to keep her panties dry and keep her bed dry to not wear diapers. we told her that if she had to go potty at night to just get up and go and that she didn't have to call for Momma or Daddy and she could just go. The first five nights of this went GREAT! She slept all night with dry panties and a dry bed. I was so excited, thinking I would not have to deal with diapers on a 3 year old while E was gone. Well, that was short lived... Starting Monday night and every night since she has wet her bed... EVERY NIGHT! Ahhh! Right now, she is out of sheet because they are all getting washed! :P So every night this week she's woken up at some point in the night (or very very early morning) to tell me she peed... Grrr
So its back to diapers... I'm so tired of changing sheets!!
And as for baby AnaB, She's teething... yay... I'm working on getting to Nashville to get her an Amber teething Necklace. (Hopefully this week sometime, we can come down for some pool time and maybe a zoo trip) So she's been super fussy with odd sleeping patterns. She's getting better though the last 2 days she's slept in the morning for a bit and then again in the afternoon for a bit then another little 30 min evening nap before bed. Earlier this week she was up though out the night as well.. adding to the sleep deprivation. Wed. night I slept a total of like 3 hrs before I was supposed to be up and getting ready to meet a friend at the Zoo. I had to call and cancel because a) I was dead, and wouldn't last long, and b) Charlotte was still sleeping and actually she slept in until 9 then let me and baby sleep an extra hour and a half after that while she vegged out with some Playhouse Disney. We then had a p-jammie day ALL day!

I've got to find some way of having time to myself that is also productive and beneficial to myself, my well being and the well being of my family.. So like working out, reading a book that's not a novel or even just getting something small done around the house. Once I do something small I will usually continue to straighten up the rest of the room or even the rest of the house. I just have to get out of survival mode where every second I can occupy my mind on something it goes straight to facebook, email, or TV... UGH! all mindless activities that are completely NON beneficial (well except fb, I think that's a healthy outlet for self expression and connecting with others in a small way).
So... starting today, I'm going to take an hour of every day and either read a "self help book" exercise in some way, clean up a mess I've made (not one the kiddo's made) or BLOG! :)
Sorry you've had to sit through my mess of a lonely week... It will get better!

No comments: