Thursday, August 09, 2012

Day 9: My worst habits..

Eww.. this one is no fun.. who likes to highlight their flaws?!!
I'm pretty good at picking on myself though so I could write book here...
In total transparency.. my worst is yelling.. I hate that I do it but when there is total chaos complete with crying, whining and no one listening... I put my mom voice on.. Just today, a certain two year old threw a fit about going potty (her new opposition) and cried in and out of time out for about 15 minutes. After that ordeal she finally went to sleep and I had to lay down with her for extra snuggles! Ugh

I bite my nails.. gross. I can usually go about 4 weeks with out doing it, but if i neglect them even for a day and one gets rigid or there are any little nicks in them I start to pick then bite them all off. :-P

Procrastination... eh hem... this has been a hot topic in our house as of late.. and well all the time.. I just have horrible time management skills just in general. I am always late. To me, I've just gotten used to it. I will even tell myself I need to be ready up to an hour in advance just to make it on time to places :)

I have become totally inadequate in social settings.. After being in baby and kid world so much and not forcing myself to be around adults in social settings more regularly, I think I have just lost my "coolness". I feel like I have nothing to say unless I'm talking about my girls. I feel like I'm completely selfish in conversation because I lack the capacity to think enough to ask questions about normal everyday things. There is a lot of awkward silence when I meet new people. :P I'm working on it though. Its one of the reasons I love teaching my classes, they build my confidence. They're almost scripted and since I know the topic so well, its easy for me to talk and listen and answer whatever questions come up.

I'll stop there, even though I could keep going for miles and miles :P I'm nit-picky on myself these days (I guess that counts as another bad habit!)

No comments: