Sunday, November 06, 2011

"Sounds Like Life to Me"

Every once in a while I catch myself throwing a pity party in my head and I am always reminded of that song.
Anyway,  I have decided its a fact, I am not a faithful blogger ;) (that little wink is for you Nikki) the more I try the less I blog. I have several drafts started but by the time I have them halfway done I get interrupted and by the time I get back to it, I'm either over the topic or think it sounded lame. So this one.. I WILL finish!  Determination have set in. Even though one daughter is spinning in the middle of the room and the other is dragging her blanket and a suitcase arpund jibber jabbering.
Ok focusing ... Let me start with a little life update! Charlotte is 4 and is smarter than me. I'm pretty sure she'll be reading books by the end of the school year.  The whole homeschooling thing took a different turn than what I was expecting.  I am not as into it as I thought I would be and she is much more independent than I thought she would be. So our schooling basically consists of her picking out what activity she's going to work on am me giving her the instructions and *walking away*. The walking away is the key part, she will not even try if I am sitting there watching.  I giver her directions she does her best and tells me when she either needs help or is finished. She is learning to put the sounds with letters and forming words, I am so impressed with her. She will randomly read small words when we are out and about. One time she read the word STOP off a stop sign while we were driving. My momma heart beamed with pride! :) She's also learning very basic addition an subtraction. Numbers under ten are her speciality ;) she does best when she can use her fingers and visualize it.
Her artwork is also getting to be impressive. She works really hard to stay in the lines when coloring. She prefers to draw on blank paper and her drawings are getting very creative. I am obviously overly impressed with my little smarty pants.
Little miss AnaB is also coming right along in her development.  She is working very hard to for words. As a second child, I think we do more for her so she doesn't have to talk as much. I say this bc for the past few months my momma worrying has been kicking in with her. ;) Charlotte talked around 12 months and was always a talker, where as AnaB is a babbler.  She runs things together Yo for the phrases we say to her. She is getting good at communicating and making her words more understandable.  She is really something else haha, her little spirit is that of a true second child. :) Light hearted but sensitive and does everything for a laugh. She cracks herself up and us too.
Now onto our third little mayflower! 12 weeks along and I feel like he's just pushing my fat out haha. I doubt anyone else can tell I'm showing but I feel like a heffer.  :-P I say he because we are hoping for a David Hagan this time ;) if not little Ruby Elizabeth will join us sometime around late May/ early June. :)
As for us, the parents, we are working on transitions of all kinds!  Getting our current house ready to sell and looking for a new one, going from Army life to civis ;) E starts a new job with the Red Cross in Nashville in about a week!! Whew! On top of all that we are rockin the business scene! Heading for what we call a platinumship in March which means E will have the Freedom to quit his job and work our business full time if that's what we decide at that time. Very exciting!! 
I'm also in search mode for a homebirth midwife for this pregnancy.  It is stressful but exciting!!  :) So that's about us in a nutshell! 
I won't say that I'm going to be better at Blogging, I'm not even going to say I'll try. Blame PINTEREST ;) ....it just happened to be boring when I got on it earlier. Haha!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I blame pinterest too...it really is the root of many evils (and amazing inspiration!) thanks for the update here;o) always good to read about you guys;o)