Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Day 7: "Pet Hates"

I'm not exactly sure what a "pet hate" is... Could mean pet peev or maybe the pets I hate.... I think it's more entertaining to talk about the pets I hate :)
First of all, let me get this straight, I do love animals, I just like some of the them better stuffed. ;)
One pet I now for certain my family will NEVER own, is a bird. Eww! I can't stand birds in cages, they totally gross me out. I hope that doesn't offend anyone with a bird, but they are definitely not for me! I will say however that one of my life long dreams is to have a farm with chickens :) does that make me a hypocrite?? Maybe, but I justify it by thinking that the chickens will be outside and that they will produce a healthy breakfast for us :)

Another pet I could never own... Reptiles.. SO nasty! I do at least thing they are cool... But nope not in my house... We will visit the zoo for those. Let me revise my first thought about reptiles... More specifically snakes.. I could maybe handle lizards or something small like that.. A turtle perhaps. But no snakes.

I definitely prefer cute and cuddly kittens, puppies, hamsters, gerbils, even a hedgehog. Cute and cuddlys that I could not handle... Guinea pigs. For some reason they gross me out. I think it might have something to do with our class guinea pig from 7th grade. His name was Spaz and the first time I held him he peed in my hand. Bleh... Yep they gross me out. I prefer to not have an animal with a poop cage I have to clean... yes I realize cats have a liter box... however, cats are my favorite, THE END. :)

I plan on having a farm one day with LOTS of animals on it. Some that the girls and I have picked out are cats, dogs, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, chickens, turkeys, raccoons, a llama, and field mice (to attract owls, and feed the barn cats) :)

I also plan on opening a "big cat" farm in Africa... with lions, cheetahs, and other "big cats". And of course zebras and gazelles to feed them ;) 

No comments: