Sunday, August 05, 2012

Day 5: Ten favorite songs

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix
I learn more from music than any other avenue. Maybe that makes me an auditory leaner ( although I've always been told I was a Kinesthetic learner). Anyway, when I hear a song and take the time to listen to the words, I am usually touched by it and relate to it in one way or another. Right now my favorite songs are:  
 I Won't Give Up, by good ole' Jason Mraz, I love it and could totally listen to it over and over. It just speaks to the heart of my marriage. I won't give up on my husband, nothing he could do would make me give up on my family. We have had our fair share of disagreements and upsets and so on... But in all of those we have assured each other (mostly him to me) that those moments are just a bump in the road and have no affect on our relationship. Anyway, that's my soapbox talking....
Next song, where the boat leaves from by the Zac BrownBand :) it makes me happy! The girls love to sing it and we all have a blast when it comes on. Plus it's a reminder of where we want to be... Lon a boat in the ocean! 
We've been listening to the Rio soundtrack lately. The girls LOVE the movie and so the songs just make them dance and wiggle and giggle! 
E has a new song called "Say Hey " that he keeps listening to and it's growing on me :) its a fun reggae song that definitely makes your hips sway.
I also love Jason Mraz's "the woman that I love" it just makes me smile big time!!
Those are the current favorite but since I know it's not ten total, I'll throw in some of my all time favorites.... :)
Any one that knows me knows my Amy Grant fascination... So of course I have to add in my favorite Amy song! 
And well... I don't have just one :) so with out explanations my fav Amy songs are What About the Love, That's What Love is For, and Saved By Love...
Moving on! 
Anything by Lady Antebellum.. Well not anything but I love most of their songs. 
Just about any and every Racal Flatt song :) 
Rufus Waynewright (sp?) Hallelujah, it's just a pretty song
And lastly Jimmy Eat World's In the Middle... It was my signature song for a long time and kind of a motto haha I always felt "in the middle" of something or another and that it would all even out one day... It did, when I met and married my other half. Life just made sense when we met!  

No comments: